|Keywords:||COVID-19, blood donation, plasma donation, coronavirus|
Who should I contact if I want to donate convalescent plasma?
• If you are interested in donating your blood plasma, please complete the short questionnaire. If, based on your responses, you are able to donate, we will contact you within 1 week to give you more information about donating.
You may donate your plasma at any blood donation center.
If you’d like to donate to UC Davis Health Blood Bank, you can do so at a local blood bank, Vitalant. Your initial donation will come directly to UC Davis Health Blood Bank for use on patients, all future donations you make to Vitalant will remain in the Vitalant supply chain for use anywhere.
If you agree to donate your plasma, we will complete a donor eligibility form and you will need to provide proof of your positive SARS-CoV-2 test. We will send this information to Vitalant and they will be in touch with you to schedule your donation.
Volunteers of all ages, ethnicities and sexes will be eligible.
• A prior diagnosis of COVID-19, documented by a laboratory test OR a documented test result that is positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies
• Complete resolution of symptoms for at least 14 days (some hospitals require more time)
• A current negative nasal swab test result for COVID-19 if you will donate 14-27 days after your symptoms have fully subsided (fever, cough, shortness of breath). This test is not required if you donate 28 days or more after symptoms fully subside
• All other donor eligibility for an automated plasma donation must be met
Have any questions or want to learn more? Leave your contact details below and the research team will reach out to you.