|Age:||18 and older|
|Keywords:||pediatrics, trauma, children, clinical research, family centered, patient centered, advisory board, telemedicine, telehealth|
|Type:||Family Advisory Board (FAB)|
This study requires the UC Davis clinical research team to organize a Family Advisory Board, consisting of parents from the communities served by the 10 partner hospitals in the study. This group will represent the viewpoints of parents in the regions covered by the study and provide valuable input to ensure that the study is responsive to family needs and concerns.
Family Advisory Board members will:
• commit to participating in four meetings (online/in-person) per year from 2020 - 2023.
• share their background and experience taking their child to the emergency room.
• offer opinions and advice about better clinician-patient communication.
• review research materials and provide feedback to researcher requests via email or phone. *No prior knowledge of research is required to serve on the Family Advisory Board.
• assist the research team in addressing potential barriers and challenges related to enrollment and survey completion for the larger clinical study. (E.g., What challenges might parents face in deciding to enroll in this study?)
• review the feasibility and appropriateness of the project from the parent perspective. (E.g., How can this study be more practical? What information gained is most useful?)
• provide feedback on cultural and linguistic appropriateness of research documents and processes from the parent perspective.
• evaluate the goals of the study and review the research team's progress throughout the course of the study.
Your expertise is based on your lived experience in your particular community and your first-hand experience caring for your child(ren) during the emergency visit. The point of the study is to improve family/patient communication with the local doctors and remote doctors. The research team values your opinions and your experience and would like to incorporate your feedback into the study in the hopes that it can be more relevant.
Although the emphasis is on your lived experience, we will provide some introductory information and training about how research works and what certain terms mean. If you are interested, please contact Bethney Bonilla or Dominique Ritley at email@example.com or (530) 278-6950.
Do you know someone who might be interested in joining our Family Advisory Board? Please share this link: https://studypages.com/s/parent-representatives-needed-to-advise-a-study-on-the-use-of-telehealth-for-treating-injured-children-in-emergency-rooms-323863/
Please join us, if you:
• have at least one child who has been seen in an emergency room for a traumatic injury in the last five years
• are able to commit to attending four meetings (online/in-person) per year from 2020 - 2023
• live in one of the following counties: Butte County, El Dorado County, Nevada County, Sacramento County, San Joaquin County, Shasta County, Sutter County, Yolo County, or Yuba County
Have any questions or want to learn more? Leave your contact details below and the research team will reach out to you.