|Age:||18 years or older|
|Keywords:||PSC, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, Diet, Nutrition, Microbiome, Bile Acid, Metabolomics|
|Type:||Investigator Initiated Research Study|
This study requires one medical visit and some medical tests. This includes a blood draw, stool sample collection, and completion of a questionnaire.
If you take part in this research, you will be responsible to:
-Record your diet for three days
-Complete a Food Frequency Questionnaire
-Collect and turn in a stool sample
• Diagnosis of large duct PSC in accordance with AASLD and EASL guidelines
• Ability to provide informed consent
• 18 years of age or older
• Other concomitant liver disease including Hepatitis B or C, alcoholic liver disease, or non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
• Decompensated liver disease including the history of ascites, hepatic encephalopathy, or variceal bleeding.
• Current smoking status
• History of liver transplant or current listing for liver transplantation
• History of Colectomy
• Use of antibiotics within 6 months of stool collection
• Current use of immunomodulators including corticosteroids, azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine, mycophenolate mofetil, tacrolimus, or biologics including anti-TNF and anti-integrin therapies
• Pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding
• Cognitively impaired individuals or inability to provide informed consent
• Other vulnerable patient populations who are unable to consent
Have any questions or want to learn more? Leave your contact details below and the research team will reach out to you.